- 2 cups green lentils
- 8-10 cups water or beef broth
- 1 - 28 oz. tin diced tomatoes
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fat carrots, diced
- 4 - 5 potatoes, diced
- 2 celery stalks with leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsps. black pepper
- 2 Tbsps. brown sugar
- 1 T. chopped parsley or dry
- butter to saute onion and celery
Add diced tomatoes and water.
Stir in the lentils and turn heat to about medium - high.
Scrub and dice up the potatoes.
Add them too.
Add the diced carrots.
Let this cook until the vegetables are soft. The lentils will split when they are finished cooking.
You may need to adjust the liquids by adding a little more water. This soup is fast to prepare and ready in very little time.